So the Cowboys have a real chance of making it to the Superbowl this year which means I have a lot of preparing for our Super Bowl Party! (Huge Cowboys Fans!) The last week or so I have been trying out a few new cheeseball and dip recipes. I know we can go to our local dip consultant and get it the easy way, but isn’t is much more fun making it from scratch?
This recipe is amazing! I love just about anything with garlic and of course, any cheese based dip is the best! It is so simple to make, taking only about 5 minutes to mix up. The longest wait is when you refrigerate it, but this step is a must! Although it will be hard to stop yourself from eating it right away, allowing it to sit in the fridge enhances the flavors and also makes it easier to roll in a ball.
I am also looking for things that I can make ahead of time because there is already a lot of chaos getting ready for social events, and this recipe is perfect for that! It also is good to eat for up to a week!
- 8oz cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- A pinch of Sesame Seeds and Chives to coat ball in
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese until it is smooth. I sometimes put i in the microwave for 25 seconds or so just to soften it a bit.
- Add the garlic, sour cream, cheese and Italian seasoning. Mix until well combined.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours
- Place a pinch of sesame seeds and a pinch of chives on a plate, form the cheese mixture into a ball and then roll your ball as to coat it with your sesame seeds and chives.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with crackers