Valentines day is only a couple of weeks away, and I cannot be more excited! I love the treats and the candy, the exchanging of valentines. I remember making my own valentines day box at school and how exciting it was to have a valentines day party! In a world full of negatively, its so nice to exchange “notes of fondness” with others, and let them know how much you appreciate them! So I decided to do an exciting 14 Days of Valentines Day! From now until the 10th of February I will be posting fun and exciting valentines day tutorials, recipes, tips and tricks! I also have some fun downloads and freebies just for you!
Today we are going to do Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes! I don’t claim to be a professional baker by an means, but I do love to try now fun and exciting recipes and learning a new craft! For my first shot at Gourmet Cupcakes, I don’t think I did too terrible!
You will want to stick around for the next few days, because I also have Gourmet Oreo Cookies & Salted Caramel Cupcakes to share with you too. I have a few more treats in store you won’t want to miss!
One of the nice hings about these recipes is they make about 24 regular cupcakes, but if you make mini cupcakes using a mini cupcake pan, you can get around 48 cupcakes! The ones in the photo above are mini cupcakes. This is a fantastic idea for those of you who want to make these for special treats for school, or a Valentines Day Party!
- 1 cup of butter- softened
- 5 cups of Powdered Sugar
- 1 6ozz clamshell of fresh Raspberries
- Decorating Bags
- Wilton 2D decorating Tip
- Small Blender/ Food Processor
- Food Sieve/ Strainer
Cupcake TinorMini Cupcake Pan
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Boil 1 cup water on stovetop or microwave. Whisk in cocoa and vinegar until smooth. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, with a mixer, beat 1 stick butter for 5 minutes on high speed. Add the sugar and beat for another couple minutes. Add the oil and eggs, mixing well.
- Separately, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add to the previous mixture (sugar, eggs, oil, and butter) mix until combined thorougly.
- Fill lined cupcake tins about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until they spring back when lightly touched. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Frosting Instructions
- Puree 1/2 cup raspberries. I like raspberries so I actually used a cup. Using a strainer, press the puree through the strainer- You should be left with 3 Tablespoons of seed free raspberry puree.
- Beat butter and cream cheese